This persuasive writing guide is something that I have crafted over a number of years teaching writing. This guide is broken down into 5 sessions which can be taught over a number of weeks. A key aspect of this guide is teaching students about Ethos, Pathos and Logos. After students have learned these persuasive techniques their ability to write persuasively will improve SIGNIFICANTLY! I honestly have not had a student group over the many years of teaching that has not improved after teaching this unit.
A quick breakdown of the guide:
- Session 1 is about the importance of asking WHY when developing arguments to strengthen a students supporting information.
- Session 2 is about introducing Ethos, Pathos and Logos and then sending them on an investigation task.
- Session 3 is analysing TV advertisements for Ethos, Pathos and Logos. I have provided a range of different YouTube links that show these persuasive techniques.
- Session 4 is analysing written pieces from students. As part of this pack I have provided four written persuasive pieces from students I have taught. You can use these pieces so your students can analyse work from peers their age.
- Session 5 is the time when the students have opportunity to apply their new found knowledge. I have also created a persuasive reminders sheet that you can print for your students during the writing process.
Through my experience teaching this unit I am confident that it can have the same impact on your students. I believe this is one of the most valuable resources I have ever created.
Please be kind enough to leave a review if you found this product helpful. You can follow my teaching journey @theteacherbible on Instagram for more inspiration.