Help your students use their knowledge in the four operations to plan a weekly budget according to their assigned occupation and income.
Students will randomly be given and occupation and income, they then have to use 21st century learning tools to strategise and negotiate their weekly expenses.
At the end of creating their budget students will then be asked to calculate their savings.
This lesson should take approximately 2 hours including extension work for fast finishers.
This lesson provides students with the opportunity to develop real life budgeting knowledge consolidating their current operation skills. Students will get to work in small groups as well as individually in the budgeting process. The lesson is broken down into four parts as well as some extension work and whole class discussion including open ended questions is provided.
What is Provided:
One double sided worksheet for students.
Each step set out on it's own printable. (For teachers to use as station learning if they wanted) These steps include:
- Identify weekly income and negotiate rent with housemates
- Calculate groceries and luxuries expenses
- Calculate weekly bills
- Calculate savings and reflect on spending habits
Extension Sheet Printable for fast finishers.
One Powerpoint with step by step instructions for whole class instruction.
- Four steps in broken down into 10 easy to follow pages
- Extension guide for fast finishers
- Whole Class Discussion Guide to help the class teacher consolidate their learning.