This editable writing program is an 11 lesson sequence that guides your students to writing more engaging narratives. The students will analyse and critique, Cicada by Shaun Tan as a guide to thinking creatively to develop their main character and connecting with their audience. The two Powerpoint resources provided in this package include Youtube hyperlinks of narrative examples that your class will enjoy watching and comparing. After the students work on developing their main character they will focus on using suspension and mood to create a complication for their main character that creates tension and hold the reader’s interest.
- The text, Cicada by Shaun Tan
- An editing guide for peer marking
The Program aims to improve the students’ ability to write a narrative text that:
- Develops the main character.
- Has an involved problem that is solved with the help of a guide.
- The story has a meaning or lesson learnt.
- Has correct structure and sentences